Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Internet WMA for streamium possible

How to Listen to WMA Internet Radio station on Streamium using Tversity

After buying a Philips Streamium, the next question is can I listen to my favourite Internet Radio station?

For SLM5500 the answer is partially yes, since SLM5500 doesn’t support WMA internet streaming. To get my WMA Radio stations like BBC Live, I used a PC acting as a proxy using a software called Tversity.

Step 1
Download and install Tversity from http://download.tversity.com/TVersity_Setup_0_9_9_2.exe and install into my PC.

Step 2
Download and install the free codec from http://www.free-codecs.com/, I used the package “K_Lite_Codec_Pack” which have most of the stuff required already.

Step 3
After the installation,
I modified the file "C:\Program Files\TVersity\Media Server\profile.xml” by adding my own SLM5500 profile. In this profile I specify that

onlineAudio="audio/mpeg”

Hence the PC will transcode any WMA Internet audio stream to MP3.

I then added another file call “C:\Program Files\TVersity\Media Server\UPNP_AV_MediaServer_1.0.slm.xml” in the same directory so that I could rename the display name.


Step 4,
After starting Tversity,
Ø Add Internet Media -> Add Audio URL
Ø Audio URL: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/meta/tx/nb/live_news_au_nb.asx

Ø

Ø Submit

Step 5
Now that the entry is inside, you should be able to use SLM5500, navigate to Tversity server, select

> Audio > Internet Audio > Audio URLs > BBC Live Station

No comments: