Friday, February 2, 2007

Video player and Tools

Video player and Tools

Woof... interesting enough I loaded a free anti-virus software (freeav) and anti-spyware (AVG) software and Vola!! I cannot log into my own blog :( Finally I have to use another PC. Dunno what's wrong.


Anyway put that aside.. I saw an interesting forum article saying that someone discover a useful software call VLC.

Well VLC by videolan.org has been around for long time... It's ported from Linux ..when I first use it.

To me this is a very very good player, any media that I cannot play with windows media player, I'll try playing with VLC.

However I discover another good tool last year - call GSpot. I was playing with TVersity at an early stage when I need to find out the actual codec in the .avi extension. Before that I was actually using AVICodec quite limited in it's way. Anyway the good thing is the codec pack "K_Lite_Codec_Pack" already contain this tool.

In the newer version Gspot even allow you to play your video file. A quick reference to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_codec shows some helpful information as well.

Lastly to see how your codec work graphically you can use GraphEdit.

Update: Another good tool is MediaInfo

No comments: