Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Favorite live radio on Streamium

How to Listen to your favorite live radio on Streamium SLM5500 and SLA5520

It’s stated that SLM5500 supports Internet Radio, but I find that the list provided is hopelessly little.

Luckily you can add in your favorites. This is how.

Via Club.Philips.com


Logon to club Philips, this is the place where you register your warranty online as well.

After registering, go to the Streamium management section, note that only certain country has this, and I always choose Australia, no difference as far a I can tell.
You can now add your favorite station via “My media” tab.

Unfortunately, the SLM5500 doesn’t support WMA internet streaming… which that will be in a separate article from me.

Meantime load in your favorite MP3 stations and start listening. Good reference stations are somafm.com, and shoutcast.com.

Now when you turn on your SLM the next time, using that register user login for SLM, you will be able to see this radio station under the Internet Radio section. For this you do not need your PC to turn on, just your router connected.
To get basic stuff working without hassle, this is a good solution since your pc need not be switch on for this to work. Beside it works with the SLA5520 unit I have as well.

There are however more internet radio stations that use WMA instead of MP3, since I have other alternative I’ll not explain it now.

No comments: