Monday, March 12, 2007

Singapore IT Show 2007

Streaming related device on show

I went down to the IT Show last Friday to get a Dlink 5 port switch at SGD$23, they're out of stock so I bought the 8 port 10/100 one at SGD$30. That's really cheap :)
Interestingly, Snazio, a local maker of Digital Media Adapter, show off their latest H.264 DMA. When I ask the price the salesman ask me lots of question, in the end I still don't know how much. I check their brochure, there's no information as well. But what's interesting is that this lastest Media Receiver Snazzio SZ1322, has a build-in DVB Tuner and is able to playback H.264 media. I guess this is either the same or similar to their Snavio series. http://www.snavio.com/SnaVio_DVBT.asp

Other interesting stuff includes a Planex MIMO XR Wireless router that supports USB harddisk, UPnP and BitTorrent. Meaning that now, all I need to do is plug a Harddisk to the router... Instantly I have got a Network Storage, I can then stream content from this device using my slm5500. It will also download multimedia content from the internet via BitTorrent, All this for SGD$169. exclude Harddisk. Beside using a MIMO means I should have better WiFi performance!

No comments: