Wednesday, July 30, 2008

3.5" Harddisk storage with media playback capability



I was strolling by an average IT shop and guess what I see. A 3.5" harddisk casing for S$89. This is not just a casing but one that can playback stuff directly onto your TV using Video cables and control via a remote control.

As mention I have saw this at various location, including Singapore Post by a brand call EMTEC Movie cube, which is package together with hardisk some time in April.

Most importantly, both this boxes support Divx movies and those photos you have taken.
Sure enough my DVD player can also play them if I burn it on a disc or connect my external USB harddisk to it.

But then for a price of $20-30 more I get direct playback capability. Not if only I have a LCD screen in my car I can play my kid's favourite cartoon.

No comments: